New York News
Police: Man carried loaded weapons into NYC subway
NEW YORK -- The NYPD has arrested a South Carolina man who entered the subway system with two loaded weapons.
Police recovered a loaded Smith & Wesson .45-caliber handgun and a loaded Intratec Luger Tec-9 machine gun.
The NYPD says a police officer stopped the suspect after observing him Sunday evening entering the 42nd Street station in Manhattan without paying.
They say the officer then noticed the handgun in the man's waistband.
Police say the machine gun was found inside a bag the suspect was carrying.
Police identified the suspect as 33-year-old Allen Reggie of Columbia, S.C.
They charged him with criminal possession machine gun, criminal possession weapon loaded firearm and other charges.
It was not immediately known if he had a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway crime, subway, gun, new york news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos