New York News
Occupy protesters rally in NYC's Grand Central
NEW YORK -- About a hundred Occupy Wall Street protesters rallied in New York City's Grand Central Terminal to call attention to a law signed by President Barack Obama that they say could curb civil liberties.
The protesters gathered in the main concourse of the station Tuesday where they held a noisy rally as hundreds of commuters rushed by.
A Metropolitan Transportation Authority spokeswoman says two summonses were issued and three people were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct.
Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act into law on New Year's Eve. Civil rights groups have criticized provisions in the bill that they say seem to grant the military extraordinary powers to detain U.S. citizens indefinitely without trial.
The protesters held a series of actions Tuesday designed to call attention to the law.
You can watch YouTube videos of the protest taken by Melina Vargas:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, wall street protest, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 23 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 21 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
10 min ago