New York News
Skee ball company sues Brooklyn bar
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bar has embraced the old neighborhood game of skee ball in Brooklyn by putting it in its name.
But the company that makes skee ball doesn't like that so it's suing.
Adding some spice, the company used to be located in Brooklyn.
"This is the skee ball Mecca. This is a magical place," said Anthony Guerino, patron.
It's all the rage with hipsters in Williamsburg.
The Full Circle Bar is the self-proclaimed "National Home of BrewSkee-Ball."
"Everybody loves this game from when they were kids. They get to relive that dream as adults with friends," said Eric Pavony, the owner.
It is sort of like bowling, but players roll wooden balls up an incline and aim for holes instead of pins.
Skilled players say you need a strategy to win.
"Go to the corners for 100 but you could miss. You need to work out your strategy if you're not good enough to hit the 100," said Brian Matlack, a patron.
But the machine's manufacturer, Skee Ball Incorporated, claims its trademark infringement and yanked the bar owners into Brooklyn Federal Court.
But the bar's lawyer explains it's doing the manufacturer a favor by keeping the frenzy alive.
"You would think they would be promoting it. They get money for the machines and keep the interest," Matlack said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, lawsuit, new york news, carolina leid
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 47 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall