New York News
Shots fired hit boy, 11, inside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy has been shot in the stomach after bullets entered his family's second floor apartment.
Police say the child was shot around 10:35 p.m. in the Bronx.
They say three shots were fired, one striking the door of his family's Creston Avenue apartment.
The bullet came from an apparent shootout between two drug rivals, police say.
The boy was struck in the stomach and rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in stable condition.
Police say the two gunmen fled towards Walton High School and no arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, child shot, new york news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 45 min ago