New York News
Shots fired hit boy, 11, inside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy has been shot in the stomach after bullets entered his family's second floor apartment.
Police say the child was shot around 10:35 p.m. in the Bronx.
They say three shots were fired, one striking the door of his family's Creston Avenue apartment.
The bullet came from an apparent shootout between two drug rivals, police say.
The boy was struck in the stomach and rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in stable condition.
Police say the two gunmen fled towards Walton High School and no arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, child shot, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 26 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
26 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
45 min ago