New York News
Shots fired hit boy, 11, inside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy has been shot in the stomach after bullets entered his family's second floor apartment.
Police say the child was shot around 10:35 p.m. in the Bronx.
They say three shots were fired, one striking the door of his family's Creston Avenue apartment.
The bullet came from an apparent shootout between two drug rivals, police say.
The boy was struck in the stomach and rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in stable condition.
Police say the two gunmen fled towards Walton High School and no arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, child shot, new york news
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 20 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
16 min ago