New York News
Man arrested after deadly four car accident
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A man is under arrest in Brooklyn after a crash that killed another driver and injured two others.
Police say 29-year-old Jermaine Filmore ran a red light on Eastern Parkway in Crown Heights, slammed into a 2003 Chevy SUV, and then broadsided a 2003 Lincoln Towncar and finally smashed head-on into a 2007 Mitsubishi sedan.
The Towncar burst into flames.
A security guard saw the accident and pulled a 51-year-old driver from the burning vehicle. That driver died from his injuries a short time later.
A 30-year-old man driving the SUV and the 26-year-old woman behind the wheel of the sedan were taken to Kings County Hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
Filmore was arrested on multiple charges including criminally negligent homicide and reckless driving.
Names of the victims have not been released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, accident, crime, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos