New York News
Blood drive held for injured firefighter
PROSPECT HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A blood drive was held for Firefighter Robert Wiedmann in Prospect Heights Friday night.
Engine 280/Ladder 132 held the blood drive because Wiedmann still has weeks of surgery ahead of him.
His blood type is Type O negative, which is rare.
A Fire Department spokesman says a total of 110 pints of blood was donated.
Wiedmann was burned over 50% of his body while battling a fire in Crown Heights last month.
Blood donations for Wiedmann can also be made through the New York Blood Center at 800-439-6876.
Wiedmann's patient number is 203859 and his file number is 71614.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, firefighter injured, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos