New York News
Arrest in case of boy wounded by stray bullet
BRONX (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the shooting of an 11-year-old boy who was wounded after bullets entered his family's second floor apartment.
Police say the child was shot around 10:35 p.m. on Thursday in the Bronx.
They say three shots were fired, one striking the door of his family's Creston Avenue apartment.
The boy was then struck in the stomach and rushed to Jacobi Medical Center. He remained in stable condition on Saturday.
The bullet came from an apparent shootout between two drug rivals, police say.
Police have arrested Kijana Jenkins, 17, of the Bronx.
Police said Jenkins was the shooter.
He is facing multiple charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, child shot, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97