New York News
Arrest in case of boy wounded by stray bullet
BRONX (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the shooting of an 11-year-old boy who was wounded after bullets entered his family's second floor apartment.
Police say the child was shot around 10:35 p.m. on Thursday in the Bronx.
They say three shots were fired, one striking the door of his family's Creston Avenue apartment.
The boy was then struck in the stomach and rushed to Jacobi Medical Center. He remained in stable condition on Saturday.
The bullet came from an apparent shootout between two drug rivals, police say.
Police have arrested Kijana Jenkins, 17, of the Bronx.
Police said Jenkins was the shooter.
He is facing multiple charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, child shot, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 35 min ago
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos