New York News
Archbishop Dolan on elevation to cardinal
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan held his first Sunday Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral since being elevated to cardinal.
His big promotion on Friday left him in high spirits, but he said it's also left him with a touch of laryngitis from talking too much.
Archbishop Timothy Dolan says New Yorkers have been congratulating him all weekend.
"This sanitation truck drove by, from the city, and all of the sudden they stopped and the two fellows, the two garbage collectors got out and they say 'Are you the new Cardinal?' and I said yes and they both came up to me and congratulated me and said 'We're happy for you'," Dolan said.
Dolan's official elevation to cardinal will come in a ceremony at the Vatican on February 18th.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
39 min ago