New York News
Archbishop Dolan on elevation to cardinal
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan held his first Sunday Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral since being elevated to cardinal.
His big promotion on Friday left him in high spirits, but he said it's also left him with a touch of laryngitis from talking too much.
Archbishop Timothy Dolan says New Yorkers have been congratulating him all weekend.
"This sanitation truck drove by, from the city, and all of the sudden they stopped and the two fellows, the two garbage collectors got out and they say 'Are you the new Cardinal?' and I said yes and they both came up to me and congratulated me and said 'We're happy for you'," Dolan said.
Dolan's official elevation to cardinal will come in a ceremony at the Vatican on February 18th.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide