New York News
Archbishop Dolan on elevation to cardinal
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan held his first Sunday Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral since being elevated to cardinal.
His big promotion on Friday left him in high spirits, but he said it's also left him with a touch of laryngitis from talking too much.
Archbishop Timothy Dolan says New Yorkers have been congratulating him all weekend.
"This sanitation truck drove by, from the city, and all of the sudden they stopped and the two fellows, the two garbage collectors got out and they say 'Are you the new Cardinal?' and I said yes and they both came up to me and congratulated me and said 'We're happy for you'," Dolan said.
Dolan's official elevation to cardinal will come in a ceremony at the Vatican on February 18th.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos