New York News
Man arrested in subway staredown fight on UES
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man accused of attacking a stranger on a subway platform.
Authorities say 32-year-old Joseph Owens was standing on the uptown platform of the No. 6 train at 77th Street last month when he got in what witnesses describe as a staredown with a man on the other platform.
He allegedly walked across the tracks and punched the man in the face several times.
Now, he's charged with assault and reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, subway crime, subway, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos