New York News
FBI: 'Dapper Bandit' busted in NYC bank jobs
NEW YORK -- Authorities in New York say a bank robbery suspect known as the `Dapper Bandit' has been captured.
The FBI said Tuesday that agents and NYPD officers arrested Dana Maurice Connor in Brooklyn based on a tip from the public.
The 52-year-old Connor is due in court on Wednesday. The name of his attorney wasn't immediately available.
An FBI wanted poster had accused Connor of holding up 10 banks.
It said he would enter banks sporting a suit and dress shirt, pull a gun and demand money.
The poster also said he has the words "Moe Love" tattooed on his chest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bank robbery, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 14 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013