New York News
Lenox Hill Beyoncé complaints deemed not credible
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two complaints were filed accusing Lenox Hill Hospital of not treating other patients properly during Beyoncé's stay to deliver her baby, but the Health Department says they were deemed "not credible".
A Health Department source says that two complaints were reviewed and both were deemed not credible. There are no open investigations at this time.
Less than 24 hours after Beyoncé gave birth Saturday night, other new parents were speaking out, angry with Lenox Hill Hospital regarding their stay at the facility.
Spokesperson, Michael Moran, confirms they had received two complaints and that the hospital is fully cooperating.
One was made anonymously, and the other was from someone who had learned about the matter through the media, he said. Officials would be looking into whether any regulations were violated, he said.
Rozz and Neil Nash Caulon told Eyewitness News they were restricted from entering and exiting the neonatal intensive care unit, where their twin girls were and how relatives were not permitted to stay in the waiting room on the sixth floor, the same place where Beyoncé gave birth to her little girl.
Lenox Hill has all along maintained they were, at all times, in control of the private security and never prevented or delayed other families from gaining access to the NICU.
The hospital admits cameras were covered, but only when only when a security guard was present on the floor.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hospital, beyonce, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos