New York News
Lenox Hill Beyoncé complaints deemed not credible
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two complaints were filed accusing Lenox Hill Hospital of not treating other patients properly during Beyoncé's stay to deliver her baby, but the Health Department says they were deemed "not credible".
A Health Department source says that two complaints were reviewed and both were deemed not credible. There are no open investigations at this time.
Less than 24 hours after Beyoncé gave birth Saturday night, other new parents were speaking out, angry with Lenox Hill Hospital regarding their stay at the facility.
Spokesperson, Michael Moran, confirms they had received two complaints and that the hospital is fully cooperating.
One was made anonymously, and the other was from someone who had learned about the matter through the media, he said. Officials would be looking into whether any regulations were violated, he said.
Rozz and Neil Nash Caulon told Eyewitness News they were restricted from entering and exiting the neonatal intensive care unit, where their twin girls were and how relatives were not permitted to stay in the waiting room on the sixth floor, the same place where Beyoncé gave birth to her little girl.
Lenox Hill has all along maintained they were, at all times, in control of the private security and never prevented or delayed other families from gaining access to the NICU.
The hospital admits cameras were covered, but only when only when a security guard was present on the floor.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hospital, beyonce, new york news, kemberly richardson
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
54 min ago