New York News
Car crashes into Hudson River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A driver escaped serious injury after her out of control car ended up in the Hudson River on the Upper West Side.
The accident happened just off West 96th Street in Riverside Park just after 10:00 a.m.
Another driver, who avoided a collision with the woman, watched as she drove through a park, collided with a guard rail and went into the water.
The black Toyota Camry came to a rest partially submerged in the waters off West 96th Street.
Police say the woman climbed out of the car and yelled that she made a mistake and needed help.
Two Emergency Services Unit officers arrived quickly and rescued the 42-year-old woman.
She was taken to the hospital for treatment, and authorities said she is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation after making comments about recent family problems.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, accident, hudson river, new york news, kemberly richardson
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 23 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 37 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 11 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 52 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos