New York News
Car crashes into Hudson River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A driver escaped serious injury after her out of control car ended up in the Hudson River on the Upper West Side.
The accident happened just off West 96th Street in Riverside Park just after 10:00 a.m.
Another driver, who avoided a collision with the woman, watched as she drove through a park, collided with a guard rail and went into the water.
The black Toyota Camry came to a rest partially submerged in the waters off West 96th Street.
Police say the woman climbed out of the car and yelled that she made a mistake and needed help.
Two Emergency Services Unit officers arrived quickly and rescued the 42-year-old woman.
She was taken to the hospital for treatment, and authorities said she is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation after making comments about recent family problems.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, accident, hudson river, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris 22 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens 3 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian...
3 min ago
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
5 min ago