New York News
Bone marrow drive Friday for Bronx leukemia patient
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A young Bronx man is hoping someone in the community can help save his life.
Dionis Guerrero Baez, 20, is suffering from leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant.
His best chance for a match would be a family member, but his mother and two sisters died in the crash of American Airlines Flight 587 in Queens in 2001.
A bone marrow drive was held Friday at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital in Washington Heights.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bone marrow, bronx, washington heights, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 3 min ago
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos