New York News
12 people treated after Bronx carbon monoxide scare
NEW YORK (WABC) -- High levels of carbon monoxide forced the evacuation of an apartment building in the Fordham section of the Bronx Monday.
Nearly 100 residents were temporarily evacuated from the Valentine Avenue building after 5:30 a.m. Carbon monoxide levels exceeding 300 parts per million seeped through the structure.
Twelve of the residents were treated at Jacobi Medical Center for exposure. Their injuries were not considered life threatening.
Many of the others were put on city buses to keep warm.
The carbon monoxide may have come from a store attached to the apartment building. The levels dropped after building's windows were opened.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, carbon monoxide, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 29 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 23 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
30 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
15 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos