New York News
City fails to block lawsuits from livery cab riders
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City has failed to block a lawsuit by two men who say police violated their rights while they were riding in livery cabs.
The two separate incidents involved livery cabs bearing a safety sticker that allows police to stop and visually inspect the cab to ensure the driver is safe.
The lawsuit says the officers went beyond that, forcing the passengers out of the cabs, detaining them and searching them.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, livery cab, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos