New York News
City fails to block lawsuits from livery cab riders
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City has failed to block a lawsuit by two men who say police violated their rights while they were riding in livery cabs.
The two separate incidents involved livery cabs bearing a safety sticker that allows police to stop and visually inspect the cab to ensure the driver is safe.
The lawsuit says the officers went beyond that, forcing the passengers out of the cabs, detaining them and searching them.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, livery cab, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 26 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 20 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 29 min ago