New York News
Firefighters rescue man from NYC motel fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Firefighters in Queens are being hailed as heroes for risking their own lives to save a man trapped in a fire at a motel.
The victim had no pulse when he was discovered on the third floor of the Conduit Motor Inn in South Ozone Park Monday.
Firefighter John Summerville crawled through heavy smoke and flames and dragged him to safety.
The victim is listed in critical condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, ozone park, fire, fire rescue, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases