New York News
Police: Drug gang used 8-year-old boy as lookout
NEW YORK -- Investigators say a New York City drug gang that specialized in PCP used an 8-year-old boy as a lookout.
NYPD officials and Manhattan prosecutors said Wednesday that the same East Harlem gang sold the powerful street drug to a woman who accidentally burned herself to death while smoking it.
The officials announced charges against 35 people in the 15-month investigation of the ring.
They said the lookout was considered a victim and is now in the custody of child welfare officials.
Police said the PCP was sold in $10 doses. It's typically mixed with marijuana and smoked for its hallucinogenic effects.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, drug bust, drug arrest, drug, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos