New York News
E-ZPass discounts for SI bridge commuters start 2/1
NEW YORK -- Starting next month it's going to be a lot cheaper for Staten Island and New Jersey EZ-Pass commuters who frequently use the Goethals and Bayonne Bridges and Outerbridge Crossing.
Beginning Feb. 1, E-ZPass users with non-commercial plates who enroll in the plan will pay $47.50 for 10 trips in a 30-day period. That's $4.75 a trip for a 50 percent savings. The standard peak toll rate without the discount is $9.50.
Drivers who commute five times a week over the crossings can save nearly $1,200 a year on their E-ZPass rush hour tolls, and $1,800 a year off the cash tolls.
The plan was developed at the request of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo following the August 2011 toll increase.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new jersey, tolls, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos