New York News
E-ZPass discounts for SI bridge commuters start 2/1
NEW YORK -- Starting next month it's going to be a lot cheaper for Staten Island and New Jersey EZ-Pass commuters who frequently use the Goethals and Bayonne Bridges and Outerbridge Crossing.
Beginning Feb. 1, E-ZPass users with non-commercial plates who enroll in the plan will pay $47.50 for 10 trips in a 30-day period. That's $4.75 a trip for a 50 percent savings. The standard peak toll rate without the discount is $9.50.
Drivers who commute five times a week over the crossings can save nearly $1,200 a year on their E-ZPass rush hour tolls, and $1,800 a year off the cash tolls.
The plan was developed at the request of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo following the August 2011 toll increase.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new jersey, tolls, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos