New York News
E-ZPass discounts for SI bridge commuters start 2/1
NEW YORK -- Starting next month it's going to be a lot cheaper for Staten Island and New Jersey EZ-Pass commuters who frequently use the Goethals and Bayonne Bridges and Outerbridge Crossing.
Beginning Feb. 1, E-ZPass users with non-commercial plates who enroll in the plan will pay $47.50 for 10 trips in a 30-day period. That's $4.75 a trip for a 50 percent savings. The standard peak toll rate without the discount is $9.50.
Drivers who commute five times a week over the crossings can save nearly $1,200 a year on their E-ZPass rush hour tolls, and $1,800 a year off the cash tolls.
The plan was developed at the request of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo following the August 2011 toll increase.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new jersey, tolls, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos