New York News
Queens man killed by exploding fireworks in home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man was killed when the fireworks he was holding apparently detonated in a house in Queens Monday morning.
The 50-year-old man was discovered dead in the 111th Street home in the Ozone Park section just before 9:30 a.m.
The man sustained injury to his hand and stomach, apparently from the firework.
Police are searching the house for additional fireworks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, ozone park, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ