New York News
Queens man killed by exploding fireworks in home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man was killed when the fireworks he was holding apparently detonated in a house in Queens Monday morning.
The 50-year-old man was discovered dead in the 111th Street home in the Ozone Park section just before 9:30 a.m.
The man sustained injury to his hand and stomach, apparently from the firework.
Police are searching the house for additional fireworks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, ozone park, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos