New York News
MTA makes safety, reliability pledge to riders
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Managers of the Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North are making a pledge to riders for safe and reliable service.
The MTA pledge promises customers timely information, courteous employees and a clean transit environment.
It's the first time they've put that in writing.
Both railroads also announced the elimination of the $10 refund processing fee when a service suspension is posted on the MTA website.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island railroad, mta, metro north, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 42 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 1 min ago
- Missing plane may have turned back
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
59 min ago