New York News
Child hit by falling scaffolding on UES
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A child sustained a minor injury after a piece of wood fell from scaffolding on the Upper East Side Wednesday.
The wood fell onto the 4-year-old girl along East 75th Street just before 10 a.m.
The girl was hit in the head by the wood while walking to school at Temple Israel.
Although it was large piece of wood, she only sustained a bruise on her shoulder and was not seriously injured.
The scaffolding was being dismantled at the time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, child injured, new york news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament 46 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 57 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos