New York News
Child hit by falling scaffolding on UES
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A child sustained a minor injury after a piece of wood fell from scaffolding on the Upper East Side Wednesday.
The wood fell onto the 4-year-old girl along East 75th Street just before 10 a.m.
The girl was hit in the head by the wood while walking to school at Temple Israel.
Although it was large piece of wood, she only sustained a bruise on her shoulder and was not seriously injured.
The scaffolding was being dismantled at the time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, child injured, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 14 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 23 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 17 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 52 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
14 min ago