New York News
Man, already hit by car, killed in Brooklyn hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian who was waiting for an ambulance after being struck by a vehicle in Brooklyn was killed by a second car that fled the scene Thursday night.
He was struck while in the crosswalk and knocked down by a gray van, which stopped at the scene.
The 43-year-old driver got out of the vehicle and checked on Foxman's condition. The victim was not seriously injured, but stayed seated on the ground awaiting medical treatment.
As he lay in the crosswalk, a second vehicle barreled through the accident scene and ran him over.
That vehicle, described as a dark-colored sedan, did not stop. Authorities were searching for the driver.
Foxman, an Orthodox Jew, was rushed by the already responding Hatzolah ambulance to Coney Island Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The first driver is not expected to be charged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midwood, brooklyn, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news, darla miles
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 1 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Con Edison and unrepaired gas leaks
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
42 min ago