New York News
Man, already hit by car, killed in Brooklyn hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian who was waiting for an ambulance after being struck by a vehicle in Brooklyn was killed by a second car that fled the scene Thursday night.
He was struck while in the crosswalk and knocked down by a gray van, which stopped at the scene.
The 43-year-old driver got out of the vehicle and checked on Foxman's condition. The victim was not seriously injured, but stayed seated on the ground awaiting medical treatment.
As he lay in the crosswalk, a second vehicle barreled through the accident scene and ran him over.
That vehicle, described as a dark-colored sedan, did not stop. Authorities were searching for the driver.
Foxman, an Orthodox Jew, was rushed by the already responding Hatzolah ambulance to Coney Island Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The first driver is not expected to be charged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midwood, brooklyn, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news, darla miles
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos