New York News
Brooklyn church vandalized
WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Two religious statues were damaged and graffiti scrawled on Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The Statue of St. Jude was knocked over and broken, and graffiti was scrawled over the statue of the Virgin Mary.
V's were drawn on the statue's foreheads. Curse word and names written on the Virgin Mary statue.
Graffiti was also found scrawled on the church.
The vandalism was discovered by church staff just after 8 a.m. Wednesday morning.
No arrests were made, and police are treating it as a hate crime.
On the web: http://www.olmcchurchbk.com/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, vandalism, brooklyn, williamsburg, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases