New York News
Brooklyn church vandalized
WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Two religious statues were damaged and graffiti scrawled on Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The Statue of St. Jude was knocked over and broken, and graffiti was scrawled over the statue of the Virgin Mary.
V's were drawn on the statue's foreheads. Curse word and names written on the Virgin Mary statue.
Graffiti was also found scrawled on the church.
The vandalism was discovered by church staff just after 8 a.m. Wednesday morning.
No arrests were made, and police are treating it as a hate crime.
On the web: http://www.olmcchurchbk.com/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, vandalism, brooklyn, williamsburg, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run 42 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 17 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
6 min ago