New York News
Surveillance released in violent gas station robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City police have released surveillance footage of man accused of two violent gas station robberies.
Police believe the same gunman hit both stations, in two different boroughs, within the same hour.
The suspect, wearing a ski-mask, is armed and bold. The second incident, which was caught on tape, happened at a Gulf station on 21st Street in Astoria, Queens, around 4 p.m. Tuesday. The gunman, brandishing a semi-automatic weapon, held up a driver and an attendant while the attendant was pumping gas.
After the robbery, the suspect ran eastbound on 30th Drive toward 23rd Street.
The gunman tried to walk into the station when it was locked, so he shot through the glass door to get inside. Co-workers say an attendant in his 20s was counting money when he was shot twice by the gunman. He apparently didn't even give the attendant a chance, immediately shooting him in the arm and torso.
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 6-foot tall. He was last seen wearing navy Adidas sweatpants, a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, a black ski-mask and white gloves with the "NIKE" swoosh logo on them.
Anyone with information in regards is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, astoria, queens, greenpoint, brooklyn, robbery, new york news, darla miles
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 59 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 20 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
55 min ago