New York News
More subway stations to be wired for cell service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- As planned, many more New York City subway platforms will be getting wired for cell service.
The service started in September at six stations in Manhattan, most of them on the L line.
Starting in April, stations in Midtown and on the Upper West Side will be prepped for wireless.
The MTA hopes to have 30 stations with service by the end of the year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 30 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 44 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 30 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 7 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 35 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
10 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos