New York News
More subway stations to be wired for cell service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- As planned, many more New York City subway platforms will be getting wired for cell service.
The service started in September at six stations in Manhattan, most of them on the L line.
Starting in April, stations in Midtown and on the Upper West Side will be prepped for wireless.
The MTA hopes to have 30 stations with service by the end of the year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 24 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 9 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 34 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos