New York News
NYPD steps up security at synagogues
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The rising tensions between Israel and Iran are now prompting the NYPD to step up security at New York City synagogues.
Police screened congregants and visitors at Temple Emanu-El on the Upper East Side Saturday morning.
The NYPD is also increasing security at the Israeli consulate and other Jewish cultural centers.
Police say there is no specific threat but are warning people to be extra vigilant.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, synagogue, upper east side, nypd, iran, israel, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 4 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 51 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 36 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 8 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 10 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos