New York News
NYPD steps up security at synagogues
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The rising tensions between Israel and Iran are now prompting the NYPD to step up security at New York City synagogues.
Police screened congregants and visitors at Temple Emanu-El on the Upper East Side Saturday morning.
The NYPD is also increasing security at the Israeli consulate and other Jewish cultural centers.
Police say there is no specific threat but are warning people to be extra vigilant.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, synagogue, upper east side, nypd, iran, israel, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 24 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
11 min ago