New York News
Fashion Week offers taxi and restaurant deals
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Glamour magazine is paying for your taxi, starting Thursday morning at 8.
There will be 50 Glamour cabs cruising the streets. Susan Cernek of Glamour says if you hail one, not only is your ride free, you can also shop while riding in the back seat.
Videos featuring beauty products by VSL and Lancome play on the taxi TV. If you like something you can buy it immediately.
And after a hard day of backseat shopping, you'll want to dine. Restaurants throughout the Lincoln Square business district are offering discounted meals through a promotion called Fashion Plate.
At restaurants like La Boite en Bois, a three course lunch will cost you $24. They have pasta, muscles, salmon, a lot to choose from.
The restaurant often gets diners heading to Lincoln Center performances. Now it may get fashionistas as well or people just looking to enjoy the fashion week vibe.
So whether it's for a delicious meal or a "Glamourous" taxi ride, Fashion Week is about more than next season's looks.
For more information please visit: http://www.glamour.com/social
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fashion week, lincoln center, lincoln square, new york news, lauren glassberg
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 47 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall