New York News
NYPD confiscate thousands of fake electronics
NEW YORK -- The NYPD has arrested two people and confiscated thousands of counterfeit electronics worth nearly $1 million on the street.
Police say they executed a warrant at the Lower Manhattan location on Thursday. They recovered 4,200 pairs of fake Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, 500 counterfeit iPhones and iPods and 19 fake iPads.
Police identified the suspects as Mo Ling and Cindy Lie. They charged them with trademark counterfeiting.
Police say the warrant was the result of an arrest they made last month. They say Iaron Baskerville was arrested on Jan. 31 and charged with possession of a forged instrument. They say he was observed leaving the location with a fake iPhone which he then attempted to sell.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, counterfeit, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 53 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 53 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos