New York News
Meeting held on child sex abuse in NYC schools
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An emergency meeting was held Saturday in Brooklyn to help educate parents on the warning signs of child sexual abuse in New York City public schools.
State Senator Eric Adams and Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer called the meeting at a church in Crown Heights.
It's in response to the recent arrest of two teacher's aides.
During the meeting a former sex crime prosecutor gave parents information on warning signs, and provided tips on how to talk to children about the topic.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york city department of education, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 13 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 33 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station 41 min ago
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 39 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
13 min ago
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas...
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos