New York News
Wrong way crash on FDR Drive leaves two dead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two people lost their lives in a multiple vehicle, wrong-way crash on FDR Drive early Sunday morning.
It happened shortly before 3:00 a.m. on the southbound FDR Drive near the Houston Street exit.
Police say a 26-year-old man driving a 1996 Nissan Maxima was traveling northbound on the southbound lane of the FDR Drive, when he struck head-on a 2002 Dodge Caravan being driven by a 53-year-old man.
A 22-year-old woman driving a 2000 Mazda then crashed into the Dodge Caravan from behind.
Both the drivers of the Nissan Maxima and the Dodge Caravan were pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Mazda and his passenger were both transported to Bellevue hospital where they are listed in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. No charges have been filed.
No names have been released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fdr drive, new york city, accident, wrong way driver, new york news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 25 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 8 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 38 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 51 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
25 min ago