New York News
Large water main break floods parts of LES
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A large water main break flooded a busy intersection on the Lower East Side early Tuesday.
The main broke at the intersection of Bowery and Delancey Street just before 7 a.m.
The intersection was closed and several blocks were flooded in each direction. Subway service remained unaffected.
At least one nearby basement was flooded.
Workers were trying to cap the main and had shut off valves throughout the area. It is unknown how many residents were without water, but officials say they expect things to be back to normal by late afternoon.
The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, water main break, lower east side, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 42 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos