New York News
Train platform smoking ban enforcement begins
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Starting Wednesday, smoke on outdoor train platform and you could land behind bars.
Metro North and the LIRR are now enforcing the New York State ban on outdoor smoking.
That means no smoking on outdoor platforms, ticketing and boarding areas.
The law took effect in November, but there was a grace period.
Those who break the rule could face fines of up to $50 and/or 30 days in jail.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, metro north, long island railroad, smoking, new york news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos