New York News
Man killed in hit and run in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are trying to find the driver who struck and killed a pedestrian in Brooklyn and then kept going.
Investigators say 71-year-old Jeannot Jean was trying to cross Flatbush Avenue at 26th Street in Flatbush Tuesday night when he was struck.
Moments later, another car hit him, but that driver stayed at the scene.
The victim died at Kings County Hospital.
The driver of the second vehicle has not been charged.
Police do not have a description of the fleeing car. They are asking witnesses or anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, flatbush, new york news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 40 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 58 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures