New York News
Woman sexually assaulted near Central Park on UWS
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman said she was sexually assaulted on the Upper West Side near Central Park early Wednesday.
The alleged attack occurred near the intersection of Central Park West and West 61 Street at around 1 a.m.
The woman said she was attacked near the entrance to Central Park. She was not hurt and described her attacker to detectives.
The suspect, described as a man with long hair, fled the scene.
No arrests were immediately made.
Police called a Level 1 mobilization and converged in front of the Trump International Hotel & Tower.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, central park, sexual assault, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees