New York News
Woman sexually assaulted near Central Park on UWS
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman said she was sexually assaulted on the Upper West Side near Central Park early Wednesday.
The alleged attack occurred near the intersection of Central Park West and West 61 Street at around 1 a.m.
The woman said she was attacked near the entrance to Central Park. She was not hurt and described her attacker to detectives.
The suspect, described as a man with long hair, fled the scene.
No arrests were immediately made.
Police called a Level 1 mobilization and converged in front of the Trump International Hotel & Tower.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, central park, sexual assault, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 22 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 29 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
22 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos