New York News
No groom? No problem for someday brides
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women like Quin Acciani have their entire wedding planned out, minus the groom.
"Definitely something fitted, not too tight. Fit and flared, I love," said Quin Acciani as she dreamily surveys the bridal gowns at Kleinfeld's. Thing is, she doesn't have a wedding date or a fiancé.
"Some guys would be turned off. And I knew that from the start that if he was turned off, that he probably wouldn't be the guy for me," Acciani said.
That's not the guy for a "Someday Bride".
"It's a fiancé free girl who has, you know, picked the dress before the diamond," explained Kristin Koch, senior editor for TheKnot.com.
These ladies have answered the question before it's popped, says Kristin Koch of the wedding website, TheKnot.com, where someday brides have a home.
"One of our five most popular boards is "not-yet-engaged," Koch said.
Acciani's picked her venue.
"It's a beautiful museum space," she said.
She's also picked her bridesmaids dresses and when she'll marry.
"I love winter weddings," Acciani said.
Someday, Acciani will have the dress of her dreams. Someday she'll have a slew of bridesmaids. Someday, she'll even have the bouquet.
"I love dark calla lilies for myself to really contrast on an ivory dress," Acciani said.
At age 15, Acciani worked at a bridal salon and fell in love with the end result of falling in love. At 22, with a steady boyfriend, she keeps perspective.
"I know realistically that just graduating college and getting our first jobs we're not going to. There's no reason to get married right now," Acciani explained.
Experts say to wait for a wedding date before buying anything. Acciani says keep it light and fun and you may even learn a thing or two.
"I now have a really realistic expectation of what things cost, when is it okay to be more budget-conscious or DIY, or what things I should splurge on. I definitely already prioritized what I want for my wedding so when I do get engaged, it'll be a real piece of cake or so I say," Acciani said.
Oh and about the cake, only kidding. All in good time, someday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, wedding, new york news, jamie roth
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos