New York News
Hell's Kitchen nightlife boom inciting residents' outrage
HELL'S KITCHEN (WABC) -- A growing community in Manhattan that is popular with young people is causing a big dispute over its now rousing nightlife.
That nightlife means much more noise.
Most nights, the sidewalks of Hell's Kitchen are packed with barhopping 20-something's, smoking and laughing having a grand old time.
A loud grand old time.
The bars in Hell's Kitchen have been a huge boon to the city's tax base.
But, no one has found a way to stop the noise, and the people who live here would dream of happier times, if only they could get to sleep.
It has gotten so bad, that the topic dominates community board meetings, with promises of better enforcement.
Well, not so far, despite lawmakers saying they would shut down offenders, that has not happened very often.
Residents say almost no clubs in the neighborhood have been shut down and more keep opening.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hells kitchen, new york news, jim dolan
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 3 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 48 min ago
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey 28 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 38 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
7 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from...
38 min ago