New York News
Cardinal Dolan arrives home after whirlwind week
VATICAN CITY (WABC) -- Cardinal Timothy Dolan returned to New York Tuesday after a whirlwind week in Italy that included his elevation to cardinal.
Dolan arrived at JFK shortly after 2 p.m. and arrived to his Manhattan residence a short time later with his mother.
On Monday, Dolan celebrated his first mass as cardinal in Rome.
In attendance were hundreds of people from the New York area who were at the elevation ceremony Saturday.
On Wednesday, Dolan will feed the hungry at a soup kitchen in New York for Ash Wednesday.
During their trip, the pilgrims who followed Dolan to Vatican City worshipped in all four papal basilicas - an honor organized by Cardinal Dolan.
Cardinal Dolan had hoped to celebrate Mass inside the Roman church assigned to him by the Pope on Saturday - Our Lady of Guadalupe - but it could not accommodate the large number of pilgrims.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 19 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos