New York News
Cardinal Dolan arrives home after whirlwind week
VATICAN CITY (WABC) -- Cardinal Timothy Dolan returned to New York Tuesday after a whirlwind week in Italy that included his elevation to cardinal.
Dolan arrived at JFK shortly after 2 p.m. and arrived to his Manhattan residence a short time later with his mother.
On Monday, Dolan celebrated his first mass as cardinal in Rome.
In attendance were hundreds of people from the New York area who were at the elevation ceremony Saturday.
On Wednesday, Dolan will feed the hungry at a soup kitchen in New York for Ash Wednesday.
During their trip, the pilgrims who followed Dolan to Vatican City worshipped in all four papal basilicas - an honor organized by Cardinal Dolan.
Cardinal Dolan had hoped to celebrate Mass inside the Roman church assigned to him by the Pope on Saturday - Our Lady of Guadalupe - but it could not accommodate the large number of pilgrims.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos