New York News
Video released of boy being shot in the Bronx
MORRIS PARK (WABC) -- An 8-year-old boy is hospitalized Wednesday after being shot in the Bronx, and the hunt is on for the gunman.
Residents that live in the Soundview neighborhood say gunfire happens pretty frequently, and in this case, the boy is lucky to be alive.
It's a parent's worst nightmare, especially when you see in the surveillance video, a boy who is shot while standing inside a deli.
In the security camera video, the 8-year-old boy is inside the Papa Yala's Deli and moves toward a rack of potato chips and snacks when suddenly, you see his left shoulder jolt backwards as he is shot.
At the same time others are running for cover including one man who rushes past Armando.
"We just heard a random shot. People started running. His mom called him to the back. He was holding his shoulder and that's when you could see he was shot," says deli owner Mahmood Abdulrub.
Abdulrub rushed from behind the counter as the boy's mother called 911.
"He was more stunned. Like, he wasn't really screaming or anything like that. Just when we applied pressure to his wound that's when he said ouch," adds Abdulrub.
The shot, police believe, came from someone riding past the store on a bicycle. There had also been a group of people hanging around outside the deli at the time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, child shot, shooting, new york news, tim fleischer
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 48 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 25 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos