New York News
Man confesses to impersonating 9/11 hero
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man in South Carolina is coming clean about pretending to be a New York City firefighter and a 9/11 hero.
Jordan Liflander dressed in a uniform with an FDNY patch and claimed he was a retired captain during a 9/11 ceremony last year.
He also claimed he attended 47 funerals for victims of the attacks.
The FDNYconfirms no one with that name has ever served with the department.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fdny, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act