New York News
Peninsula Hospital shut down by Health Dept
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A hospital in Queens was forced to close Thursday night after failing an inspection by the Health Department.
Peninsula Hospital in Far Rockaway was ordered to stop taking new admissions and to transfer patients to other facilities.
It was found that the hospital's lab failed to meet acceptable standards posing a risk to patients.
It was also cited for poor record keeping and instruments not being calibrated correctly.
All surgeries and procedures have been cancelled.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hospital, queens, new york news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 39 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
8 min ago