New York News
Peninsula Hospital shut down by Health Dept
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A hospital in Queens was forced to close Thursday night after failing an inspection by the Health Department.
Peninsula Hospital in Far Rockaway was ordered to stop taking new admissions and to transfer patients to other facilities.
It was found that the hospital's lab failed to meet acceptable standards posing a risk to patients.
It was also cited for poor record keeping and instruments not being calibrated correctly.
All surgeries and procedures have been cancelled.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hospital, queens, new york news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 7 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 30 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits New York Area 7 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
7 min ago