New York News
Man records himself planting phone in bathroom
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Duane Reade employee is under arrest, accused of using his phone to record co-workers in the bathroom of a store in Manhattan.
Police say 33-year-old Shaun Simmons set his phone to record video, wrapped it in toilet paper and left it in the employee restroom of an Upper West Side store.
The phone recorded for 45 minutes before a manager noticed the device and contacted the police.
The New York Post is reporting that Simmons accidentally recorded himself planting the phone.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, manhattan, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos