New York News
High-rise fire at senior center injures 2 people
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A fire at a high-rise building in Brooklyn overnight injured two people, one of them critically.
The fire started at 12:30 Thursday morning on the upper floors of Christopher Blenman Senior Center, a 20-story apartment building on East New York Avenue in Crown Heights.
Many of the building's residents are elderly.
Strong winds made the firefighters' job even more difficult
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, fire, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
25 min ago