New York News
High-rise fire at senior center injures 2 people
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A fire at a high-rise building in Brooklyn overnight injured two people, one of them critically.
The fire started at 12:30 Thursday morning on the upper floors of Christopher Blenman Senior Center, a 20-story apartment building on East New York Avenue in Crown Heights.
Many of the building's residents are elderly.
Strong winds made the firefighters' job even more difficult
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, fire, new york news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash 56 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Winning numbers drawn in Powerball jackpot 58 min ago
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos