New York News
High-rise fire at senior center injures 2 people
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A fire at a high-rise building in Brooklyn overnight injured two people, one of them critically.
The fire started at 12:30 Thursday morning on the upper floors of Christopher Blenman Senior Center, a 20-story apartment building on East New York Avenue in Crown Heights.
Many of the building's residents are elderly.
Strong winds made the firefighters' job even more difficult
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, fire, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 59 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 4 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win