New York News
Arrest made in synagogue burglary in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police made an arrest in a burglary that targeted a synagogue in Queens.
The burglar took silver torah crowns, breastplates, pointers and a silver cup from a congregation in Kew Gardens.
The suspect in the burglary, Efram Sanders, allegedly sold the items at a Queens pawn shop.
The owner later saw the news reports about the stolen torahs, and contacted police.
The owner knew who the suspect was, and led police to him.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, kew gardens, crime, burglary, synagogue, new york news
- Americans on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight ID'd 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 16 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing Malaysia...
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos