New York News
Street co-named after wife of Malcom X
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a special tribute in Washington Heights on Saturday to honor the life of Dr. Betty Shabazz, the widow of Malcolm X.
As part of Women's History Month, Broadway at the corner of 165th Street was co-named Dr. Betty Shabazz Way.
The corner is the former location of the Audubon Ballroom where Malcolm X was assassinated.
Dr. Shabazz was a life-long human rights and education activist.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos