New York News
Street co-named after wife of Malcom X
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a special tribute in Washington Heights on Saturday to honor the life of Dr. Betty Shabazz, the widow of Malcolm X.
As part of Women's History Month, Broadway at the corner of 165th Street was co-named Dr. Betty Shabazz Way.
The corner is the former location of the Audubon Ballroom where Malcolm X was assassinated.
Dr. Shabazz was a life-long human rights and education activist.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
17 min ago