New York News
Street co-named after wife of Malcom X
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a special tribute in Washington Heights on Saturday to honor the life of Dr. Betty Shabazz, the widow of Malcolm X.
As part of Women's History Month, Broadway at the corner of 165th Street was co-named Dr. Betty Shabazz Way.
The corner is the former location of the Audubon Ballroom where Malcolm X was assassinated.
Dr. Shabazz was a life-long human rights and education activist.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 5 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
43 min ago