New York News
Woman sexually assaulted by robbers in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men robbed a leasing office in Brooklyn, but before they took off, they sexually assaulted one of the employees.
Police are now reviewing surveillance video hoping it will lead to the attackers.
"This shouldn't have happened in broad daylight!" said Leba Cohen, a neighbor.
Leba Cohen works next door to the business turned crime scene, a spot covered with cops and closed off with police tape.
Investigators say two men burst into the store in the area of Avenue P and Nostrand Avenue.
They were looking for files, but that wasn't good enough, they sexually assaulted a 55-year-old woman working there.
"We keep the door locked and only open up to customers," Cohen said.
Police say the Marine Park shop has cameras.
They describe the men as dark skinned, in their 20s, one with dread locks, the other wearing a blue hoodie.
Residents and workers plan to be on guard from here on out.
"It's a scary thought you think you're safe at work," a resident said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, marine park, robbery, sexual assault, new york news, carolina leid
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey