New York News
Opium drug ring busted in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Seven people were arrested, including three in the New York region, as part of an opium drug ring.
Two of the arrests were made on Warner Avenue in Roslyn Thursday morning, where FBI and DEA agents searched a house.
Another arrest was made in the area.
Some of the suspects appeared in federal court in Lower Manhattan.
The ring was importing opium from countries overseas, including Afghanistan, Iran and Germany.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, drug bust, drug arrest, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade