New York News
Man fatally struck by hit-and-run driver in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who fatally struck a man at the intersection of 149th Street and Hawthorne Avenue in Flushing, Queens, just after 8 p.m. Thursday.
The driver then took off, leaving the 65-year-old victim lying in the street.
He was rushed in critical condition to the hospital, where he later died.
Police have not identified the victim and have not released a description of the vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, queens, hit and run accident, new york news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 12 min ago
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 38 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest 53 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse